The arts of Asia : materials, techniques, styles
- Meher McArthur.
- London ; New York : Thames & Hudson, 2005.
- Physical description
- 256 p. : col. ill. ; 27 cm.
- CHEMENG-12SC-01 -- An Exploration of Art Materials: The Intersection of Art and
- Frank, Curtis W
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
On reserve: Ask at circulation desk
|N7260 .M33 2005||2-hour loan|
- McArthur, Meher.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 246-248) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The Arts of Asia is the first book to analyse and survey some of the most beautiful materials used in Asian art and the ways in which they have been transformed into glorious works of art over the centuries. Each material is studied in turn - jade, silk, porcelain, lacquer, ivory, bamboo, paper, gold, stone and wood - with clear explanations of the techniques used in the artistic process, from ancient prehistory to the art of the present day. Ideally suited to the needs of the ever-growing number of collectors, the book will also be required reading for any student of Asia and its cultures.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780500238233 20160527
- Publication date
- 0500238235 (hbk.)
- 9780500238233 (hbk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: