- M. Tevfik Dorak (ed.).
- New York ; Abingdon [England] : Taylor & Francis, c2006.
- Physical description
- xxvi, 333 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- BIOS advanced methods.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QP606 .D46 R42 2006||Unknown|
- Dorak, M. Tevfik.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Real-time PCR Overview. 2. Primer and Probe Design (Primer Banks). 3. Real-Time PCR using SYBR Green. 4. Normalisation. 5. Relative Quantification. 6. Analysis and Reporting 7. Allelic Discrimination Assays. 8. Methylation Assays. 9. Mitochondrial DNA Analysis. 10. Real-Time Immuno-PCR. 11. High-resolution Melting Analysis. 12. Quantification of Ocular Gene Expression. 13. Solid Organ Transplant Monitoring. 14. Real-Time PCR Applications in Haematology. 15. Clinical Microbiology (Bacterial). 16. Clinical Virology. 17. Real-time PCR for Prenatal Diagnosis of Monogenic Diseases caused by Single Nucleotide Changes - The Example of the Hemoglobinopathies.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415377348 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Real-time PCR is based on the conventional principles of PCR and, with the simple shift of emphasis from the end-product to the whole course of the PCR process, has established itself as the most sensitive and specific quantitative PCR method. Real-time PCR is, like any other modern method in molecular genetics, expanding, with potential applications even in proteomics. With a variety of detection chemistries, an increasing number of platforms, multiple choices for analytical methods and the jargon emerging along with these developments, real-time PCR is facing the risk of becoming an intimidating method, especially for beginners. "Real-Time PCR" provides the basics, explains how they are exploited to run a real-time PCR assay, how the assays are run and where these assays are informative in real life. It doesn't cover every aspect of real-time PCR, but addresses the most practical aspects of the techniques with the emphasis on 'how to do it in the laboratory'. Keeping with the spirit of the "Advanced Methods Series", most chapters provide an experimental protocol as an example of a specific assay.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415377348 20160528
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Real-time polymerase chain reaction
- BIOS advanced methods
- 041537734X (alk. paper)
- 9780415377348 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: