Cerebri anatome : cui accessit Nervorum descriptio et usus
- studio Thomae Willis ...
- Londini : Typis Tho. Roycroft, impensis Jo. Martyn & Ja. Allestry ..., 1664.
- Physical description
- , 240 [i.e. 242] p., XIII,  folded leaves of plates : ill. (engravings) ; 17 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|QM451 .W7 1664||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Plates numbered I-VI, unnumbered (facing 'Pag. 56'), VII-VIII, unnumbered (between p. 158 and 159, or 160 and 161), IX-XIII. Plates include page numbers for the quarto edition, which was printed immediately before the octavo; according to Russell, the plates are also found with the numbers changed to reflect the octavo pagination (the sole distinction he makes between his "issues" 867 and 868). (Plates IX-XIII have no page numbers; the plate facing 'Pag. 56' includes that number.)
- Plates drawn by Christopher Wren; Hook & Norman, Haskell F. Norman Lib. 2243 (quarto ed.) also credit Richard Lower, and cite David Loggan as the probable engraver (Willis had been assisted in preparation by Wren, Lower, and Thomas Millington, his pupils).
- Collation: 8vo, A⁸ a⁸(-a8) B-D⁸ E⁸(E4 + *1) F-Q⁸ [$4 (-B4) signed]; 136 leaves, pp.  1-56 'Pag. 56' [Pag. 57] 57-143 [144, bl.] 145-240 [=242] (misprinting 219 as 719).
- ESTC (RLIN 2000) R24571.
- Wing (2nd ed.) W2823.
- Garrison-Morton (5th ed.) 1378.
- Russell, K.F. British anatomy, 867, 868.
- Special Collections and University Archives copy 1: Provenance: p. nos. on plates I-VIII & 2nd unnumbered plate changed in manuscript. Imperfect: lacks preliminary imprimatur leaf.
- Included Work
- Nervorum descriptio et usus.
- England -- London.
Browse related items
Start at call number: