Quarks and leptons from orbifolded superstring
- Kang-Sin Choi, Jihn E. Kim.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- xi, 406 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 696.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction and Summary.- Standard Model and Beyond.- Orbifolds and Spinors.- Field Theoretic Orbifolds.- Quantization of Strings.- Strings on Orbifolds.- Partition Function and Spectrum.- Interactions on Orbifolds.- String Orbifold Spectra.- Orbifold Phenomenology.- Code Manual and Z3 Tables.- Calabi-Yau Manifold.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book seeks to be a guidebook on the journey towards the minimal supersymmetric standard model down the orbifold road. It takes the viewpoint that the chirality of matter fermions is an essential aspect that orbifold compactification allows to derive from higher-dimensional string theories in a rather straight-forward manner. Halfway between a textbook and a tutorial review, "Quarks and Leptons from Orbitfolded Superstrings" is intended for the graduate student and particle phenomenologist wishing to get acquainted with this field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics, 0075-8450 ; 696
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 3540327630 (hd.bd.)
- 9783540327639 (hd. bd.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: