Asian Americans : contemporary trends and issues
- edited by Pyong Gap Min.
- 2nd ed.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Pine Forge Press, 2006.
- Physical description
- 358 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Min, Pyong Gap, 1942-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Acknowledgments Introduction - Pyong Gap Min Asian Immigration: History and Contemporary Trends - Pyong Gap Min Settlement Patterns and Diversity - Pyong Gap Min The Socioeconomic Attainments of Asian Americans - Arthur Sakamoto and Yu Xie Photo Essay 1: Second Generation Asian Americans - Steven J. Gold Major Issues Related to Asian American Experiences - Pyong Gap Min Photo Essay 2: Chinese Americans - Steven J. Gold Chinese Americans - Morrison Wong Photo Essay 3: Japanese Americans - Steven J. Gold Japanese Americans - Daisuke Akiba Photo Essay 4: Filipino Americans - Steven J. Gold Filipino Americans - Carl L. Bankston III Photo Essay 5: South Asian Americans - Steven J. Gold South Asian Americans - Nazli Kibria Photo Essay 6: Korean Americans - Steven J. Gold Korean Americans - Pyong Gap Min Photo Essay 7: Southeast Asian Americans - Steven J. Gold Vietnamese, Laotian, and Cambodian Americans - Ruben G. Rumbaut Photo Essay 8: Economic Adaptation - Steven J. Gold Future Prospects of Asian Americans - Philip Q. Yang Index About the Editor About the Contributors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412905565 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Asian Americans adopts the unique approach of examining the issues, and often obstacles, specific to Asian immigrants into the United States, such as occupational and economic adjustment, intermarriage and settlement patterns. The Second Edition has been updated to include information derived from the 2000 US Census.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412905565 20160528
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
- Publication date
- 1412905567 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9781412905565 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: