A Festival of silent comedy. Volume three [videorecording].
- English. Silent films with English intertitles.
- [Midland Park, NJ] : Reelclassicdvd, c2004.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (101 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Muddled in mud (AKA A muddy romance ; 1913) / Keystone ; directed by Mack Sennett ; starring Mabel Normand, Ford Sterling, Mack Swain, and the Keystone Kops (15 min.)
- Cops (1922) / directed by Buster Keaton and Eddie Cline ; starring Buster Keaton (19 min.)
- Wild puppies (1927) / Fox ; supervised by George Marshall (11 min.)
- Oranges and lemons (1923) / produced by Hal Roach ; starring Stan Laurel (13 min.)
- Bromo and Juliet (1926) / produced by Hal Roach ; directed by Leo McCarey ; starring Charley Chase, Oliver Hardy, Corliss Palmer (22 min.)
- The Buccaneers (1924) / produced by Hal Roach ; directed by Mark Goldlaine; starring Our Gang (21 min.)
- Silent comedy short films. In Muddled in Mud, a pair of sweethearts are in a rowboat, and his romantic rival drains the lake. In Cops, a man is pursued by the entire police force. In Wild puppies, an imitation of an Our Gang film, children fight with unconventional weapons. In Oranges and Lemons, a clumsy man works in an orchard. In Bromo and Juliet, a man is forced to perform in an amateur performance of Romeo and Juliet; in the Buccaneers, Our Gang builds a pirate ship.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Festival of silent comedy. Volume 3
- Originally produced as motion pictures, 1913-1927.
- Production Credits
- Original piano scores by Ben Model; produced for DVD by Mark Roth.
- DVD-R (NTSC, region free).
- Included Work
- Muddled in mud.
- Muddy romance.
- Wild puppies.
- Oranges and lemons.
- Bromo and Juliet.
Browse related items
Start at call number: