Race, ethnicity, and education
- E. Wayne Ross and Valeria Ooka Pang, general editors.
- Wesport, Conn. : Praeger Publishers, c2006.
- Physical description
- 4 v. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1099.3 .R33 2006 V.1||In-library use|
|LC1099.3 .R33 2006 V.2||In-library use|
|LC1099.3 .R33 2006 V.3||In-library use|
|LC1099.3 .R33 2006 V.4||In-library use|
Library has: v.1-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- "Race, Ethnicity and Education" moves beyond traditional thinking and approaches to multicultural education to more accurately reflect the dramatically changing circumstances faced by schools in an age of globalisation. The volumes address how race and ethnicity affect learning across the life-span, including all levels of formal and informal education. Issues of schools curriculum, instruction, and administration are examined. These volumes aim to address both the foundational assumptions and the practices of education in relation to changing conceptions of race and ethnicity. Volume One, "Multicultural Education", examines the principles and practices of multicultural education, including issues of equity, school reform, teacher education, and school leadership. Volume Two, "Language and Education", presents an overview of language and literacy learning for Latino and Asian American students and gives general and specific recommendations for improved performance. Volume Three, "Influences of Racial and Ethnic Identity in Education", examines concepts of racial and ethnic identity and how they affect teaching and learning. The final volume, "Racism and Anti-Racism in Schools", looks at "colour-blind racism"; "white supremacy" in the curriculum; race and testing; critical race pedagogy and anti-racist education; and globalisation. Some of the outstanding scholars contributing to this timely collection are: Eduardo Bonilla-Silva; George J. Sefa Dei; Donna Y. Ford; Vivian Gadsden; Carl A. Grant; Edmund W. Gordon; Joyce E. King; and Kevin K. Kumashiro.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780275985967 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- 0275985962 (set : alk. paper)
- 0275986918 (vol. 1 : alk. paper)
- 0275987280 (vol. 2 : alk. paper)
- 0275987221 (vol. 3 : alk. paper)
- 0275986004 (vol. 4 : alk. paper)
- 9780275985967 (set : alk. paper)
- 9780275986919 (vol. 1)
- 9780275987282 (vol. 2)
- 9780275987220 (vol. 3)
- 9780275986001 (vol. 4)
Browse related items
Start at call number: