- Jean Craighead George ; paintings by Wendell Minor.
- 1st ed.
- [New York] : HarperCollinsPublishers, c1995.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|F317 .E9 G3 1995||Unknown|
- Publisher's Summary
- A glorious exploration of a unique ecosystem by a bestselling author-artist team. Everglades tells the story of this living kaleidoscope of color and beauty, from its creation as a blue-green sea to its evolution as a miraculous river, the home of egrets, orchids, and alligators. Full color.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780060212285 20160527
- The Florida Everglades is a unique ecosystem -- nowhere else in the world can such an environment be found. EVERGLADES tells the story of this living kaleidoscope of color and beauty: from its creation as a blue-green sea through its evolution to a miraculous river, the home of egrets, orchids, and alligators. Favorite nature writer jean Craighead George spins a mesmerizing tale about the* birth and imminent destruction of the Florida Everglades, while Wendell Minor captures its lush beauty with powerful paintings.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780060212292 20160527
- Publication date
- 0060212292 (lib. bdg.)
- 0064461947 (pbk.)
- 9780060212292 (lib. bdg.)
- 9780064461948 (pbk.)
- 9780613020718 (hc)
- 0613020715 (hc)
Browse related items
Start at call number: