Optical solitons in fibers
- 3rd, rev. and enl. ed. / A. Hasegawa, M. Matsumoto.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2003.
- Physical description
- ix, 200 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Springer series in photonics ; v. 9.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC174.26 .W28 H37 2003||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -196) and index.
- Introduction.- Wave Motion.- Lightwave in Fibers.- Information Transfer in Optical Fibers and Evolution of Lightwave Packet.- Optical Solitons in Fibers.- All-Optical Soliton Transmission Systems.- Control of Optical Solitons.- Influence of Higher-Order Terms.- Polarization Effects.- Dispersion-Managed Solitons (DMS).- Application of DMS for Single-Channel Ultrahigh Speed Transmissions.- Application of DMS for WDM Transmission.- Other Applications of Optical Solitons.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540436959 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Optical solitons in fibers are a beautiful example of how an abstract mathematical concept has had an impact on new information transmission technologies. The concept of all-optical data transmission with optical soliton systems is now setting the standard for the most advanced transmission systems. The book deals with the motion of light waves in optical fibers, the evolution of light wavepackets, optical information transfer, all-optical soliton transmission systems, the control of optical solitons, polarization effects, dispersion-managed solitons, WDM transmission, soliton lasers, all-optical switching and other applications. This book is a must for all researchers and graduate students active in the field of optical data transmission.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540436959 20160528
- Publication date
- Springer series in photonics, 1437-0379 ; 9
- 3540436952 (acid-free paper)
- 9783540436959 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: