Modern supersymmetry : dynamics and duality
- John Terning.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Physical description
- xiii, 324 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- International series of monographs on physics (Oxford, England)
- Terning, John, 1962-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction to Supersymmetry-- 2. SUSY Lagrangians-- 3. SUSY Gauge Theories-- 4. The Minimal Supersymmetric Standard Model-- 5. SUSY Breaking and the MSSM-- 6. Gauge Mediation-- 7. Nonperturbative Results-- 8. Holomorphy-- 9. The Affleck-Dine-Seiberg Superpotential-- 10. Seiberg Duality for SUSY QCD-- 11. More Seiberg Duality-- 12. Dynamical SUSY breaking-- 13. The Seiberg-Witten Theory-- 14. Superconformal Field Theories-- 15. Supergravity-- 16. Anomaly and Guagino Mediation-- 17. Introduction to the Ads/CFT Correspondence-- A. Spinors and Pauli Matrices-- B. Group Theory.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780198567639 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The book begins with a brief review of supersymmetry, and the construction of the minimal supersymmetric standard model and approaches to supersymmetry breaking. General non-perturbative methods are also reviewed leading to the development of holomorphy and the Affleck-Dine-Seiberg superpotential as powerful tools for analysing supersymmetric theories. Seiberg duality is discussed in detail, with many example applications provided, with special attention paid to its use in understanding dynamical supersymmetry breaking. The Seiberg-Witten theory of monopoles is introduced through the analysis of simpler N=1 analogues. Superconformal field theories are described along with the most recent development known as "a-maximization". Supergravity theories are examined in 4, 10, and 11 dimensions, allowing for a discussion of anomaly and gaugino mediation, and setting the stage for the anti-de Sitter/conformal field theory correspondence. This book is unique in containing an overview of the important developments in supersymmetry since the publication of "Supersymmetry and Supergravity" by Wess and Bagger. It also strives to cover topics that are of interest to both formal and phenomenological theorists.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780198567639 20160528
- Publication date
- International series of monographs on physics
Browse related items
Start at call number: