Nonlinear photonic crystals
- R.E. Slusher, B.J. Eggleton (eds.).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2003.
- Physical description
- xx, 375 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Springer series in photonics ; v. 10.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC793.5 .P427 N66 2003||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Theory of Nonlinear Pulse Propagation in Periodic Structures.- Nonlinear Propagation in Birefringent Photonic Crystals.- Raman Gap Solitons in Nonlinear Photonic Crystals.- Self-Transparency and Localization in Gratings with Quadratic Nonlinearity.- Photonic Band Edge Effects in Finite Structures and Applications.- Simultons.- Nonlinear Propagation in Fiber Gratings.- Gap Soliton Experiments.- Pulsed Interactions in Nonlinear Fiber Bragg Gratings.- Chalcogenide Glasses.- Microstructred Fibers.- Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers with Bragg Gratings.- Atomic Solitons in Optical Lattices.- Spatial Solitons in Waveguide Arrays.- Self-Trapping of Light and Nonlinear Localized Modes in 2D Photonic Crystals.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540439004 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Nonlinear optical studies of periodic dielectric structures have blossomed in the past two decades. New fabrication techniques are producing fiber grating and multidimensional photonic crystals in materials where the refractive index can be varied by light pulses and beams. Gap solitons that can propagate at any velocity from zero to the speed of light and spatial solitons that prevent the diffractive spread of light in waveguide arrays are two examples of the new phenomena described in this book. Microstructured optical fibers allow control of the guided mode dispersion for broadband light generation and new soliton phenomena. Many new materials and structures are being developed that will impact new optical devices with applications in optical communications and optical data processing. All the above topics are addressed in detail in this book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540439004 20160528
- Publication date
- Springer series in photonics, 1437-0379 ; 10
- 3540439005 (acid-free paper)
- 9783540439004 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: