Group portraits of members of the United States Supreme Court : photographic prints, ca. 1925-1940
- Physical description
- 3 photographic prints ; ca. 25.5 x 35.5 cm. or smaller.
At the library
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|MSS PHOTO 0246||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- Harris & Ewing.
- Two photos of members of Chief Justice Charles Evan Hughes's court and one photo of Chief Justice William Howard Taft's court. Justices include: Louis Brandeis, Pierce Butler, Benjamin Cardozo, John Clarke, William Day, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Joseph McKenna, James McReynolds, Mahlon Pitney, Owen Roberts, Edward Sanford, Harlan Stone, George Sutherland, and Willis Van Devanter.
- Brandeis, Louis Dembitz, 1856-1941.
- Butler, Pierce, 1866-1939.
- Cardozo, Benjamin N. (Benjamin Nathan), 1870-1938.
- Clarke, John H. (John Hessin), 1857-1945.
- Day, William R. (William Rufus), 1849-1923.
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell, Jr., 1841-1935
- Hughes, Charles Evans, 1862-1948.
- McKenna, J. (Joseph), 1843-1926.
- McReynolds, James Clark, 1862-1946.
- Pitney, Mahlon, 1858-1924.
- Roberts, Owen J. (Owen Josephus), 1875-1955.
- Sanford, Edward Terry, 1865-1930.
- Stone, Harlan Fiske, 1872-1946.
- Sutherland, George, 1862-1942.
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930.
- Van Devanter, Willis, 1859-1941.
- United States. Supreme Court.
- United States > History > Pictorial works.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Collection is open for research; materials must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Transfer, 2006. Accession 2006-068.
- Harris & Ewing was a prominent studio in Washington, D.C., well known for its portraits of government officials.
Browse related items
Start at call number: