Visionary middle schools : signature practices and the power of local invention
- Catherine Cobb Morocco, Nancy Brigham, Cynthia Mata Aguilar ; foreword by Michael Fullan.
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2006.
- Physical description
- xi, 180 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 165-171) and index.
Take an up-close look at inclusive urban schools that work. This important new book addresses head-on the critical national concern of educating an ever-more diverse student population. "Visionary Middle Schools" describes how three schools developed unique local solutions that were responsive to their particular students, to their cultures, and to their district and state mandates. Each school is organized around a different school-wide instructional practice - a "signature practice" - that reflects that school's particular beliefs about learning. Despite obstacles such as poverty, low English-language proficiency, and new immigrant status, each of these schools is the strongest performing in their respective districts and presents approaches and lessons of relevance to urban schools across the country.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780807746646 (alk. paper)
- 0807746649 (alk. paper)
- 9780807746639 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0807746630 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: