The Jahn-Teller effect
- Isaac B. Bersuker.
- Cambridge, UK ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Physical description
- xvi, 616 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Bersuker, I. B. (Isaak Borisovich)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction-- 2. Vibronic interactions-- 3. Formulation of Jahn-Teller problems. Adiabatic potentials-- 4. Pseudo Jahn-Teller, Product Jahn-Teller, and Renner-Teller effects-- 5. Solutions of vibronic equations. Energy spectra and Jahn-Teller dynamics-- 6. The Jahn-Teller Effect in spectroscopy: general theory-- 7. Geometry, spectra, and reactivity of molecular systems-- 8. Solid-state problems: local properties and cooperative phenomena-- Appendices-- Subject index-- Formula index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521822121 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The Jahn-Teller effect is one of the most fascinating phenomena in modern physics and chemistry, providing a general approach to understanding the properties of molecules and crystals and their origins. The effect inspired one of the most important recent scientific discoveries, the concept of high-temperature superconductivity. This comprehensive volume presents the background of the theory and its main applications in physics and chemistry, along with more recent achievements. Full descriptions are presented alongside thorough references to original material. The book contains over 200 figures to aid visual explanation and avoids bulky mathematical deductions and overly technical language. It is intended for graduate students and academic researchers working in solid state physics, quantum chemistry, crystallography, spectroscopy, and materials science.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521822121 20160528
- Jahn-Teller effect.
- Publication date
- 0521822122 (hbk.)
- 9780521822121 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: