Dazzle 'em with style : the art of oral scientific presentation
- Robert R.H. Anholt.
- 2nd ed.
- Philadelphia : Elsevier Academic Press, c2006.
- Physical description
- xviii, 171 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Anholt, Robert Rene Henri, 1951-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword Preface Preparing a Scientific Presentation The Structure of a Scientific Presentation Visual Displays: How to (and Not to) Use Them Delivery Appendix: Checklists Recommended Reading.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780123694522 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Mastering the art of communicating scientific information is more critical than ever for a successful career in science and technology. Scientists today must be able to effectively convey sophisticated information to a broad audience that may include students, colleagues around the world, regulatory bodies, granting agencies, legislators, and the lay public. In this engaging and lively book, the author provides a step-by-step guide to the complete process of making a scientific presentation from preparation to delivery. It offers numerous examples highlighting what to follow and what to avoid. This revised edition covers the effective use of PowerPointT and other computer-based presentation programs. It also includes a handy checklist, new illustrations, and tips on handling an audience in a foreign country.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780123694522 20160528
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
- Publication date
- 0123694523 (alk. paper)
- 9780123694522 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: