Comprehensive medicinal chemistry II
- editors-in-chief, John B. Taylor, David J. Triggle.
- Amsterdam ; New York : Elsevier, c2007.
- Physical description
- 8 v. : ill. (some col.), ports. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.1||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.2||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.3||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.4||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.5||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.6||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.7||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.8||In-library use|
Library has: v. 1-
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Volume 1 Global Perspective (P. Kennewell). Volume 2 Research and Development (W.H. Moos). Volume 3 Technologies (H. Kubinyi). Volume 4 Computer-Assisted Drug Design (J.S. Mason). Volume 5 ADME-Tox Approaches (B. Testa and H. van de Waterbeemd). Volume 6 Therapeutic Areas I (M. Williams). Volume 7 Therapeutic Areas II (J. Plattner and M.C. Desai). Volume 8 Case Histories and Cumulative Subject Index (J.B. Taylor and D.J. Triggle).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The first edition of "Comprehensive Medicinal Chemistry" was published in 1990 and was very well received. "Comprehensive Medicinal Chemistry II" is much more than a simple updating of the contents of the first edition. Completely revised and expanded, this new edition has been refocused to reflect the significant developments and changes over the past decade in genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics, combinatorial chemistry, high-throughput screening and pharmacology, and more. The content comprises the most up-to-date, authoritative and comprehensive reference text on contemporary medicinal chemistry and drug research, covering major therapeutic classes and targets, research strategy and organisation, high-throughput technologies, computer-assisted design, ADME and selected case histories. It is this coverage of the strategy, technologies, principles and applications of medicinal chemistry in a single work that will make "Comprehensive Medicinal Chemistry II" a unique work of reference and a single point of entry to the literature for pharmaceutical and biotechnology scientists of all disciplines and for many industry executives as well. It is also available online via ScienceDirect (2006) featuring extensive browsing, searching, and internal cross-referencing between articles in the work, plus dynamic linking to journal articles and abstract databases, making navigation flexible and easy. It comprehensively reviews - the strategies, technologies, principles and applications of modern medicinal chemistry. It provides a global and current perspective of today's drug discovery process and discusses the major therapeutic classes and targets. It includes a unique collection of case studies and personal assays reviewing the discovery and development of key drugs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Previous (i.e. 1st) ed.: Pergamon, 1990.
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 9780080445137 (set)
- 0080445136 (set)
- 0080445144 (v. 1)
- 0080445152 (v. 2)
- 0080445160 (v. 3)
- 0080445179 (v. 4)
- 0080445187 (v. 5)
- 0080445195 (v. 6)
- 0080445209 (v. 7)
- 0080445217 (v. 8)
- 9780080445144 (v. 1)
- 9780080445151 (v. 2)
- 9780080445168 (v. 3)
- 9780080445175 (v. 4)
- 9780080445182 (v. 5)
- 9780080445199 (v. 6)
- 9780080445205 (v. 7)
- 9780080445212 (v. 8)
Browse related items
Start at call number: