Comprehensive medicinal chemistry II
- editors-in-chief, John B. Taylor, David J. Triggle.
- Amsterdam ; New York : Elsevier, c2007.
- Physical description
- 8 v. : ill. (some col.), ports. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: v.1-
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.1||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.2||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.3||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.4||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.5||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.6||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.7||In-library use|
|RS402 .C65 2007 V.8||In-library use|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Volume 1 Global Perspective (P. Kennewell). Volume 2 Research and Development (W.H. Moos). Volume 3 Technologies (H. Kubinyi). Volume 4 Computer-Assisted Drug Design (J.S. Mason). Volume 5 ADME-Tox Approaches (B. Testa and H. van de Waterbeemd). Volume 6 Therapeutic Areas I (M. Williams). Volume 7 Therapeutic Areas II (J. Plattner and M.C. Desai). Volume 8 Case Histories and Cumulative Subject Index (J.B. Taylor and D.J. Triggle).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080445137 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "Computer-assisted Drug Design" ("CADD") reviews the use of computational methods and how these can aid the drug discovery process. Experts review in-silico approaches for the design and improvement of drug properties. Techniques for modelling, analysing and optimization of properties including potency, selectivity and ADMET are presented. Methods discussed include the Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship (QSAR), ligand and structure-based, lead discovery and new directions. It is ideal for students and researchers in chemistry, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry and pharmacology and scientists working in the pharmaceutical industries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080445175 20160528
- This book reviews the important technologies used in each step of the drug discovery process; target search, target validation, informatics and databases, structural biology, screening, chemical technologies, and lead search and optimization. Chemists, medicinal chemists and biologists present clear examinations of each step to help scientists understand the underlying techniques, problems and solutions encountered in finding a drug target and methods used to test and improve their properties. Separate volumes will appeal to a wider chemistry, biochemistry and medicinal audience.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080445168 20160528
- This volume provides and educative and authoritative discussions on the drug discovery and development process. It is divided into ten sections and starts with personal recollections on the history and evolution of the drug discovery process. To illustrate the end result of the drug discovery process, a large chapter reviews the major drug introductions over 1993-2003. Subsequent chapters examine the impact of genomic technologies, new sources of drugs and alternatives to animal testing. The next section reviews the roles of enterprise and pharamaceuticals companies, venture capitalists and academic-industrial relations in the drug discovery process. Social and ethical issues are reviewed in the context of assessing health demands in developed, developing countries and also in relation to smaller scale diseases (orphan drugs). Two chapters then review the bioethical and ethical issues facing the pharmaceutical industry. The volume concludes with reviews on funding and regulation and how intellectual property rights and patents are protected. With such a wide variety of topics this volume will appeal to both scientists and non-scientists who need to understand how and why the pharmaceutical industry works. Its valuable content is available from May 2009 as an individual volume. The book provides a global overview of the drug discovery process.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080445144 20160528
- This volume reviews important therapeutic areas, their causes, diagnosis, experimental disease models, treatments, unmet medical needs and future research areas. The areas covered include Cancer (biology, chemotherapy, mechanism & target approaches), Infectious Diseases (viral [herpes, HIV], fungal, bacterial & parasitic), Inflammation & Immunology (arthritis, asthma) and Dermatology (acne, psoriasis). For each area experts examine the key roles that medicinal chemistry and pharmacology play in reviving the fortunes of the drug discovery process and developing new treatments. It is ideal for students and researchers in chemistry, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry and pharmacology and scientists working in the pharmaceutical industries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080445205 20160528
- To be effective a drug must be Absorbed then Distributed to the site of action. It must also be Metabolised and Excreted without any measurable Toxicity (ADMET). This volume examines major ADMET issues, tools to measure these properties in vivo and in vitro and in-silico tools to predict and analyse effects. It concludes with a review of tools that can assist drug discovery in its early development stage. It offers a valuable content now available as an individual volume. The separate volumes will appeal to a wider chemistry, biochemistry and medicinal audience.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080445182 20160528
- The first edition of "Comprehensive Medicinal Chemistry" was published in 1990 and was very well received. "Comprehensive Medicinal Chemistry II" is much more than a simple updating of the contents of the first edition. Completely revised and expanded, this new edition has been refocused to reflect the significant developments and changes over the past decade in genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics, combinatorial chemistry, high-throughput screening and pharmacology, and more. The content comprises the most up-to-date, authoritative and comprehensive reference text on contemporary medicinal chemistry and drug research, covering major therapeutic classes and targets, research strategy and organisation, high-throughput technologies, computer-assisted design, ADME and selected case histories. It is this coverage of the strategy, technologies, principles and applications of medicinal chemistry in a single work that will make "Comprehensive Medicinal Chemistry II" a unique work of reference and a single point of entry to the literature for pharmaceutical and biotechnology scientists of all disciplines and for many industry executives as well. It is also available online via ScienceDirect (2006) featuring extensive browsing, searching, and internal cross-referencing between articles in the work, plus dynamic linking to journal articles and abstract databases, making navigation flexible and easy. It comprehensively reviews - the strategies, technologies, principles and applications of modern medicinal chemistry. It provides a global and current perspective of today's drug discovery process and discusses the major therapeutic classes and targets. It includes a unique collection of case studies and personal assays reviewing the discovery and development of key drugs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080445137 20160528
- Publication date
- Previous (i.e. 1st) ed.: Pergamon, 1990.
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 9780080445137 (set)
- 0080445136 (set)
- 0080445144 (v. 1)
- 0080445152 (v. 2)
- 0080445160 (v. 3)
- 0080445179 (v. 4)
- 0080445187 (v. 5)
- 0080445195 (v. 6)
- 0080445209 (v. 7)
- 0080445217 (v. 8)
- 9780080445144 (v. 1)
- 9780080445151 (v. 2)
- 9780080445168 (v. 3)
- 9780080445175 (v. 4)
- 9780080445182 (v. 5)
- 9780080445199 (v. 6)
- 9780080445205 (v. 7)
- 9780080445212 (v. 8)
Browse related items
Start at call number: