Relativistic dynamics of a charged sphere : updating the Lorentz-Abraham model
- Arthur D. Yaghjian.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Springer, 2006.
- Physical description
- xv, 152 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 686.
- Yaghjian, Arthur D.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -148) and index.
- This is a remarkable book. [?] A fresh and novel approach to old problems and to their solution.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This reexamination of the classical model of the electron, introduced by H. A. Lorentz more than 100 years ago, serves as both a review of the subject and as a context for presenting new material. The new material includes the determination and elimination of the noncausal behavior in the original equation of motion, and the derivation of the binding forces and total stress-momentum-energy tensor for a charged insulator moving with arbitrary velocity. The final equations of motion are given in a number of different formats to allow them to be readily used by physicists, engineers, and mathematicians.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics ; 686
- "First edition published as Lecture Notes in Physics: Monographs, Vol. 11, 1992."--T.p. verso.
- 2nd ed., rev. and updated, includes very recent work on the equation of motion of a classical charged particle.
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 9780387260211 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: