Popular music : the key concepts
- Roy Shuker.
- 2nd ed.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2005.
- Physical description
- xvii, 324 p. ; 23 cm.
|ML102 .P66 S58 2005||In-library use|
- Shuker, Roy.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 281-312) and indexes.
- Publisher's Summary
- Key Concepts in Popular Music presents a comprehensive A-Z glossary of the main terms and concepts used in the study of popular music. The book includes definitions of: key musical genres, from bhangra to punk rock musical subcultures, from hippies to Goths methodologies, from Marxism to postmodernism musicological terms, from sound to harmony musical phenomena, from girl groups to concept albums Each entry includes suggestions for further reading and listening and is cross-referenced with related concepts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415284257 20160527
- Presenting a comprehensive A-Z glossary of the main terms and concepts used in the study of popular music, this fully updated second edition covers key new developments in the area, such as the impact of the Internet and Reality TV. Key definitions include: - important musical genres, from bhangra to punk rock - musical subcultures, from hippies to Goths - methodologies, from Marxism to postmodernism - musicological terms, from sound to harmony - musical phenomena, from girl groups to concept albums. All entries are fully cross-referenced and include suggestions for further reading and listening - making this an invaluable resource for anyone studying or interested in popular music.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415347709 20160527
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- "First published as Key concepts in popular music, 1998 by Routledge"--T.p. verso.
- 041534770X (hbk.)
- 0415284252 (pbk.)
- 9780415284257 (pbk.)
- 9780415347709 (hbk.)
- 9780415347693 (pbk.)
- 0415347696 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: