The rock song index : the 7500 most important songs of the Rock and Roll era, 1944-2000
- Pollock, Bruce.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Routledge, 2005.
- Physical description
- x, 687 p. ; 29 cm.
ML128 .R6 P65 2005
- In-library use ML128 .R6 P65 2005
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 685-686) and indexes.
- Contents Introduction to the Second Edition Title Index Artists Index The Rock Years Index Bibliography About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Containing over 7,500 entries, covering all genres of rock, from classic rock, to heavy metal; punk, rap, disco, British Invasion and much more, this second edition of a well-received book has been revised and updated to produce an invaluable index. "Rock Song Index, 2nd edition" indexes the classic songs of the rock canon, from the late 1940s through to the end of the twentieth century. The study of the history of rock music has exploded over the last decade; all college music departments offer a basic rock-history course, covering the classic artists and their songs. Arranged A to Z by song, the index includes composer, performer, record label, release date, annotation about the song's significance and now has new indexes for artist, songwriter, producer, and year. Any student, professional, scholar or general reader will find this an invaluable reference book in the field of rock music.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- Bruce Pollock.
- 0415970733 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9780415970730 (hardback : alk. paper)