Jamming, yielding, and irreversible deformation in condensed matter
- M.C. Miguel, J.M. Rubi (eds.).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- xiii, 209 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 688.
- Introduction.- Yielding and Jamming of Dense Suspensions.- Thermal Noise Properties of Two Aging Materials.- Jamming in Dense Granular Media.- Rheological Aspects of the Solid-Liquid Transition in Jammed Systems.- Dynamics of Disordered Elastic Systems.- Edge Contamination Effects in the Dynamics of Vortex Matter in Superconductors: Memory Effects and Excess Flux-Flow Noise.- Out-of-Equilibrium Relaxation of a Time-Dependent Effective Temperature.- Depinning and Plasticity of Driven Disordered Lattices.- Mixing, Ergodicity and the Fluctuation-Dissipation Theorem in Complex Systems.- Jamming and Yielding of Dislocations: From Crystal Plasticity to Superconducting Vortex Flow.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540300281 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This collection of ten tutorial reviews by leading researchers in the field introduces and renews recent advances on irreversible deformation phenomena in solid state and soft condensed matter physics. The focus in applications is on amorphous materials, crystalline solids under stress and, more generally, elastic manifolds driven by external processes. This book addresses in particular nonspecialists and graduate students wishing to enter the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540300281 20160528
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics, 0075-8450 ; 688
- 3540300287 (hd.bd.)
- 9783540300281 (hd.bd.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: