The Greenwood encyclopedia of rock history
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2006.
- Physical description
- 6 v. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Library has: v.1-
|ML3534 .G754 2006 V.1||Unknown|
|ML3534 .G754 2006 V.2||Unknown|
|ML3534 .G754 2006 V.3||Unknown|
|ML3534 .G754 2006 V.4||Unknown|
|ML3534 .G754 2006 V.5||Unknown|
|ML3534 .G754 2006 V.6||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Volume 1: The Early Years, 1951-1959-- Volume 2: Folk, Pop, Mods, and Rockers, 1960-1966-- Volume 3: The Rise of Album Rock, 1967-1973-- Volume 4: From Arenas to the Underground, 1974-1980-- Volume 5: The Video Game Generation, 1981-1990-- Volume 6: The Grunge and Post-Grunge Years, 1991-2005.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313329371 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- Brings unprecedented depth to the understanding of rock music and the many ways it has shaped popular culture. Neil Young once said that rock and roll will never die, and indeed, rock music has played an enormous role in American culture ever since its beginnings in the 1950s. From early rock n' roll to the British invasion, from the psychedelic era to the growth of corporate rock and the underground scene, from the video generation to the grunge and post-grunge years, rock music has been an undeniable force in both reflecting and shaping cultural trends in the United States. "The Greenwood Encyclopaedia of Rock History" is a landmark six-volume set that brings unprecedented depth to the understanding of rock music and the many ways it has shaped, and been shaped by, American culture. The six volumes in this set provide narrative chapters on important musicians, writers, producers, trends, genres, concerts, and more within these exciting periods in rock music history. It provides an intelligent treatment of rock music not just as entertainment, but as part of culture, and the authors are leading experts in rock music and rock culture, and include both scholars and music journalists.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313329371 20160527
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Rock history
- 0313329370 ((set) : alk. paper)
- 0313329389 ((vol. 1) : alk. paper)
- 0313329605 ((vol. 2) : alk. paper)
- 0313329664 ((vol. 3) : alk. paper)
- 0313336113 ((vol. 4) : alk. paper)
- 0313329435 ((vol. 5) : alk. paper)
- 0313329818 ((vol. 6) : alk. paper)
- 0313331081 ((vol. 3) : alk. paper)
- 9780313329371 ((set) : alk. paper)
- 9780313329388 ((vol. 1) : alk. paper)
- 9780313329609 ((vol. 2) : alk. paper)
- 9780313329661 ((vol. 3) : alk. paper)
- 9780313336119 ((vol. 4) : alk. paper)
- 9780313329432 ((vol. 5) : alk. paper)
- 9780313329814 ((vol. 6) : alk. paper)
- 9780313331084 ((vol. 3) : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: