Optical interconnects : the silicon approach
- L. Pavesi, G. Guillot, (eds.).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- xxii, 381 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 119.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Advanced Conventional Interconnects: State of the Art, Future Trends and Limitations.-Optical Gain in Silicon and the Quest for a Silicon Injection Laser.- Silicon Raman Laser, Amplifier, and Wavelength Converter.- Electro Optical Modulators in Silicon.- Silicon Photodetectors and Receivers.- Active SiGe Devices for Optical Interconnects.- An Introduction to Silicon Photonics.- Sub-micron Silicon Strip Waveguides.- Photonic Crystal Microcircuit Elements.- On Chip Optical Waveguide Interconnect: The Problem of the In/Out Coupling.- Si Microphotonics for Optical Interconnection.- Silicon Integrated Optics.- Free-space Optical Interconnects.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Optical Interconnects" provides a fascinating picture of the state of the art in optical interconnects and a perspective on what can be expected in the near future. It is composed of selected reviews authored by world leaders in the field, and these reviews are written from either an academic or industrial viewpoint. An in-depth discussion of the path towards fully-integrated optical interconnects in microelectronics is presented. This book will be useful not only to physicists, chemists, materials scientists, and engineers but also to graduate students who are interested in the fields of microelectronics and optoelectronics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Springer series in optical sciences, 0342-4111 ; 119
- 3540289100 (hd.bd.)
- 9783540289104 (hd.bd.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: