Handbook of research on the education of young children / edited by Bernard Spodek, Olivia N. Saracho
- 2nd ed.
- Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2006.
- Physical description
- xvi, 600 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
LB1119 .H25 2006
- Unknown LB1119 .H25 2006
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Publisher's Summary
- "The Handbook of Research on the Education of Young Children, Second Edition" is an essential reference on research in early childhood education not only in the United States but throughout the world. It provides a comprehensive overview of important contemporary issues and the information necessary to make judgments about these issues. The field has changed significantly since the publication of the first edition of this Handbook in 1993, creating a need for an update. "The Handbook of Research on the Education of Young Children, Second Edition" is thus focused on research conducted over the past decade or so. The volume is organized in four parts: Early Childhood Education and Child Development. New in this edition: moral development; the development of creativity; Early Childhood Educational Curriculum. New in this edition: movement or dance education, the education of linguistically and culturally diverse children; Foundations of Early Childhood Educational Policy. New in this edition: childhood poverty; the education of bilingual children; Research and Evaluation Strategies for Early Childhood Education. New in this edition: doing historical research in early childhood education, postmodern and feminist orientations. "The Handbook of Research on the Education of Young Children, Second Edition" makes the expanding knowledge base related to early childhood education readily available and accessible. It is a valuable tool for all who work and study in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- 0805847200 (casebound : alk. paper)
- 0805847219 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780805847208 (casebound : alk. paper)
- 9780805847215 (pbk. : alk. paper)