South Africa [sound recording] ; Gcaleka
- Roodepoort, Transvaal, Union of South Africa : International Library of African Music, 
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc (37 min.) : 33 1/3 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
Note: Fascim. ed. of English index cards at ML156.4 .N3 I615 V.2 (ARS). Originals missing.
- Tracey, Hugh. Editor
- Four songs: Ye magwaza ; Umdodo ; Mdalnkomo ; Abafazi
- Three drinkng songs: Jomjom ; Bathi ; Ndibolekeni
- Three songs: Yisekanompeleza ; Nongabe ; Yoyoyo
- Three self-delectative songs: Hayi ; Zibulale ; Hamba
- Mtshotsho dance song: Yena.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- International Library of African Music
- Sound of Africa = Sons d'Afrique
- Card index in English and French in quadruplicate accompanying each record gives details of performance.
- Detailed description published in African music, journal of the African Music Society, v. 1 (1975), p. 65-70.
- Sung and played by native musicians; edited by Hugh Tracey.
- Recorded by International Library of African Music.
- Publisher Number
- TR-62 African Music/Muisque Africaine