South Africa [sound recording] ; Baca ; Sotho (Southern)
- Roodepoort, Transvaal, Union of South Africa : International Library of African Music, 
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc (38 min.) : 33 1/3 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|(no call number)||In process|
- Tracey, Hugh.
- Speech with praise cries: Nteta ya nkosi
- Ihubo old fighting song: Kru bo
- Hoeing song: Ndiyi
- Ndhlamu dance songs: Mngoma I ; Mngoma II ; Uyabaleka
- Songs: Hee ke bale ; Tsina ; Tenshin ; Khajoane ; Tula moane me ; Thali ea
- Mokhibo dances: Ahe ; Sake
- Three self-delectative songs: Ha setimela ; Khajoane ; Mokhoroane.
- Earliest possible date
- Sound of Africa = Sons d'Afrique
- Card index in English and French in quadruplicate accompanying each record gives details of performance.
- Detailed description published in African music, journal of the African Music Society, v. 1 (1975), p. 65-70.
- Sung and played by native musicians; edtied by Hugh Tracey.
- Recorded by International Library of African Music.
- Related Work
- International Library of African Music.
- Sotho (Southern)
- Publisher Number
- TR-64 African Music/Musique Africaine