Tanganyika (Southwest) [sound recording] ; Nkonde ; Nyakyusa ; Nyasaland ; Yao ; Tanzannia
- Roodepoort, Transvaal, Union of South Africa : International Library of African Music, 
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc (38 min.) : 33 1/3 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|AMA TR-66||In-library use|
- Tracey, Hugh. Editor
- Mampenenga & Kalulu dances: Mampenenga ; Kalulu
- Five self-delectative songs: Che Mwangulube ; Nisiri ; Tubuke ; Wenela ; Owe Mbale --Funeral lament: Zondelele
- Town dance: Wasara ndeka
- Four songs: Kazela ; Ukandenda ; Che Chipala ; Atapikure
- Three topical songs: Napalo ; Kudandaula ; Tina gambe.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- International Library of African Music
- The sound of Africa = Sons d'Afrique
- Card index in English and French in quadruplicate accompanying each record gives details of performance.
- Detailed description published in African music, journal of the African Music Society, v. 1 (1975), p. 65-70.
- Sung and played by native musicians; edited by Hugh Tracey.
- Recorded by International Library of African Music.
- Included Work
- Publisher Number
- TR-66 African Music = Musique Africaine