Rhodesia (Northern) [sound recording] ; Valley Tonga
- Roodepoort, Transvaal, Union of South Africa : International Library of African Music, 
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc (35 min.) : 33 1/3 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
Note: Fascim. ed. of English index cards at ML156.4 .N3 I615 V.2 (ARS). Originals missing.
- Tracey, Hugh. Editor
- Five grinding songs: Yachinpondeka ; Karibambo ; Mumable
- Four pounding songs: Ndime ; Indakurira ; Zumina ; Shembe
- Two canoe launching songs: Kwerekwere ; Kayuni tolo
- Topical songs: Mulaia
- Two humorous songs: Ngwani ulala ; Maiyongwe
- Party song: Takumdambi
- Five mendicant's songs: Kulene mamama ; Tonkanono ; Me-me! ; Ndamba ; Kule-kule.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- International Library of African Music
- Valley Tonga
- Sound of Africa = Sons d'Africa
- Card index in English and French in quadruplicate accompanying each record gives details of performance.
- Detailed description published in African music, journal of the African Music Society, v. 1 (1975), p. 65-70.
- Sung and played by native musicians; edited by Hugh Tracey.
- Recorded by International Library of African Music.
- Publisher Number
- TR-42 African Music/Musique Africaine