Quantum dynamics with trajectories : introduction to quantum hydrodynamics
- Robert E. Wyatt ; with contributions by Corey J. Trahan.
- New York : Springer, c2005.
- Physical description
- xxi, 405 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Interdisciplinary applied mathematics v. 28.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Trajectory approaches to quantum mechanics.- The Bohm hydrodynamic equations.- The phase space route to the hydrodynamic equations.- Quantum trajectories.- Fitting methods for computation of spatial derivatives.- Applications to wavepacket tunneling and decoherence.- Application to electronic transitions.- The initial value representation and correlation functions- Mixed quantum-classical dynamics.- Moving adaptive grids.- Trajectory approach to the density matrix.- Derivative propagation along quantum trajectories.- Quantum dynamics in phase space.- Non-Bohmain trajectory approaches to quantum mechanics.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Remarkable progress has recently been made in the application of quantumtrajectories as the computational tool for solving quantum mechanical problems. This is the first book to present these developments in the broader context of the hydrodynamical formulation of quantum dynamics. In addition to a thorough discussion of the quantum trajectory equations of motion, there is considerable material that deals with phase space dynamics, adaptive moving grids, electronic energy transfer, and trajectories for stationary states. On the pedagogical side, a number of sections of this book will be accessible to students who have had an introductory quantum mechanics course. There is also considerable material for advanced researchers, and chapters in the book cover both methodology and applications. The book will be useful to students and researchers in physics, chemistry, applied math, and computational dynamics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Interdisciplinary applied mathematics ; v. 28
- 9780387229645 (acid-free paper)
- 0387229647 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: