Fundamentals of quantum mechanics : for solid state electronics and optics
- C.L. Tang.
- Cambridge, UK ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- Physical description
- xii, 208 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC174.12 .T36 2005||Unknown|
- Tang, C. L. (Chung Liang), 1934-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 204) and index.
- Preface-- 1. Classical mechanics vs. quantum mechanics-- 2. Basic postulates and mathematical tools-- 3. Wave/particle duality and de Borglie waves-- 4. Particles at boundaries, potential steps, barriers and in quantum wells-- 5. The harmonic oscillator and photons-- 6. The hydrogen atom-- 7. Multi-electron ions and the periodic table-- 8. Interaction of atoms with electromagnetic radiation-- 9. Simple molecular orbitals and crystalline structures-- 10. Electronic properties of semiconductors and the p-n junction-- 11. The density matrix and the quantum mechanic Boltzmann equation-- References-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521829526 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Quantum mechanics has evolved from a subject of study in pure physics to one with a wide range of applications in many diverse fields. The basic concepts of quantum mechanics are explained in this book in a concise and easy-to-read manner, leading toward applications in solid-state electronics and optics. Following a logical sequence, the book focuses on key ideas and is conceptually and mathematically self-contained. The fundamental principles of quantum mechanics are illustrated by showing their application to systems such as the hydrogen atom, multi-electron ions and atoms, the formation of simple organic molecules and crystalline solids of practical importance. It leads on from these basic concepts to discuss some of the most significant applications in semiconductor electronics and optics. Containing many homework problems, the book is suitable for senior-level undergraduate and graduate-level students in electrical engineering, material sciences, applied physics and chemistry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521829526 20160528
- Quantum theory.
- Publication date
- 0521829526 (hbk.)
- 9780521829526 (hbk.)
- 0521536405 (pbk.)
- 9780521536400 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: