Global Volcanism Program [electronic resource] : volcanoes of the world
- Smithsonian. National Museum of Natural History.
- Washington, DC: Global Volcanism Program, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution 
- Holocene volcanoes (those with known activity during the last 10,000 years) are organized both alphabetically and geographically. The geographic organization generally follows the Catalog of Active Volcanoes of the World (CAVW). Links are provided to reports included in the Bulletin of the Global Volcanism Network since January 1996; reports prior to 1996 are being prepared. Regional reference maps are clickable; volcanoes on the maps shown in red have had reports in the Bulletin of the Global Volcanism Network since 1975.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Volcanoes of the world
- HTML title: Global Volcanism Program : Volcanoes of the world
- File Characteristics
- Electronic data and programs.
- Title from title screen (May 21, 2001). Browser used: Microsoft Explorer 5.0.
- Includes: gazetteer of volcano names, synonyms, and subfeatures; primary volcano names; map of volcano regions
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.