Music around Benjamin Boretz [sound recording] : open spaces 2005
- English, German, Hebrew, Hungarian. Spoken in German (3rd work) and Hebrew, English, German and Hungarian (4th work).
- [Seattle, WA] : Perspectives of New Music ; [Red Hook, NY] : Open Space, .
- Physical description
- 2 sound discs : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
- Boretz, Benjamin Performer
- Fowler, Michael (Pianist) Performer
- Kampmeier, Margaret Performer
- Hoban, Wieland Performer
- Biro, Daniel Performer
- Zischler, Hanns, 1947- Performer
- Randall, J. K., 1929-2014 Performer
- Sollberger, Harvey Conductor
- Tom Baker Quartet.4prf.
- SurPlus (Musical group) Performer
- La Jolla Civic/University Symphony Orchestra. Performer
- Downtime (2005) / Benjamin Boretz (19:45)
- Residue no.
- 11 (for Ben Boretz) / Tom Baker (3:30)
- fragment (2003) / Martin Supper (3:40)
- Mishpatim / Dániel Péter Biró (12:00)
- Group variations II.1 (version of 2004) (14:00) ; O for piano (2000) (11:45) / Benjamin Boretz
- Ode / Robert Morris (8:15)
- UN(-) for orchestra (1999) / Benjamin Boretz (12:20)
- (a benfest) The trajectory of UN(-) / J. K. Randall (38:00).
- Included Work
- Boretz, Benjamin. Downtime.
- Boretz, Benjamin. Group variations, no. 2.
- Boretz, Benjamin. O.
- Boretz, Benjamin. UN(-)
- Baker, Tom, 1965- Residue, no. 11.
- Supper, Martin, 1947- Fragmente
- Biro, Daniel, 1969- Mishpatim
- Morris, Robert, 1943- Ode, piano.
- Randall, J. K., 1929-2014. Trajectory of UN(-)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Open spaces 2005
- For piano and percussion (1st work); for fretless guitar, drums, clarinet and bass (2nd work); for speaker, two-channel tape and loud speaker (3rd work); for instrumental ensemble and 2 male voices (4th work); for computer (5th work); for piano (6th-7th works); for orchestra (8th work); for electronic keyboard (9th work).
- Compact discs.
- Tracks 3 and 4 are reversed in the CD program notes.
- Program notes in English and partial texts with English translation ( p.) inserted in container.
- Benjamin Boretz (1st work), Michael Fowler (6th work), Margaret Kampmeier (7th work), piano ; Wieland Hoban & Dániel Péter Biró (4th work), Hans Zischler (3rd work), speakers ; J. K. Randall, electronic keyboard (9th work) ; Tom Baker Quartet (2nd work) ; Ensemble SurPlus (4th work) ; La Jolla Symphony, Harvey Sollberger, conductor (8th work)
- Recorded May 2005 at Jack Straw Productions (2nd work) and July 8, 2005 at Taplin Hall, Princeton University (7th work).
- Related Work
- Perspectives of new music.
- Publisher Number
- PNM 43 Perspectives of New Music
- 20 Open Space
Browse related items
Start at call number: