Control theory in physics and other fields of science : concepts, tools, and applications
- Michael Schulz.
- Berlin : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- xvii, 300 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Springer tracts in modern physics, 0081-3869 ; 215
- Schulz, Michael, 1959 January 8-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction.- Deterministic Control Theory.- Linear Quadratic Problems.- Control of Fields.- Chaos Control.- Non-Equilibrium Statistical Physics.- Optimal Control of Stochastic Processes.- Filters and Predictors.- Game Theory.- Optimization Problems.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540295143 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides an introduction to the analysis and the control mechanism of physical, chemical, biological, technological and economic models and their nonequilibrium evolution dynamics. Strong emphasis is placed on the foundation of variational principles, evolution and control equations, numerical methods, statistical concepts and techniques for solving or estimation of stochastic control problems for systems with a high degree of complexity. In particular, the central aim of this book is developing a synergetic connection between theoretical concepts and real applications. This book is a modern introduction and a helpful tool for researchers as well as for graduate students interested in econophysics and related topics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540295143 20160528
- Publication date
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 9783540295143 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: