Electronic states in crystals of finite size : quantum confinement of Bloch waves
- Shang Yuan Ren.
- New York, N.Y. : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- xiv, 204 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Springer tracts in modern physics ; 212.
- Ren, Shang Yuan.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface.- Introduction.- Mathematical basis.- Surface states in one dimensional semi-infinite crystals.- Electronic states in ideal one-dimensional crystals of finite length.- Electronic states in ideal quantum films.- Electronic states in ideal quantum wires.- Electronic states in ideal finite crystals or quantum dots.- Concluding remarks.- Appendix A: Electronic states in one dimensional symmetric finite crystals with a finite Vout.- Appendix B: Electronic states in ideal cavity structures.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book presents an analytical theory on the electronic states in low-dimensional systems and finite crystals recently developed by the author based on a differential equation theory approach. This theory gives some exact and general fundamental understandings on the electronic states in ideal low-dimensional systems and finite crystals such as the numbers and the behaviors of electronic states of different types. It provides new insights on some fundamental problems in low-dimensional systems such as surface states, quantum confinement effects etc, some of them are quite different from what are traditionally believed in the solid state physics community.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Springer tracts in modern physics ; 212
- 9780387263038 (acid-free paper)
- 0387263047 (e-ISBN)
- 9780387263045 (e-ISBN)
Browse related items
Start at call number: