Topics in hyposonic flow theory
- Radyadour Kh. Zeytounian.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- xv, 284 p. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 672.
- Zeytounian, R. Kh. (Radyadour Kh.), 1928-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Aero-Thermo-Dynamic, Nonlinear Acoustics and Meteorological Equations.- The Many Faces of Low Mach Number Flows Asymptotics.- A First Approach of Low Mach Number Flows Asymptotics.- Some Aspects of Low Mach Number External Flows.- Some Aspects of Low Mach Number Internal Flows.- Slow Atmospheric Motions as a Low Mach Number Flow.- Miscellaneous: Various Low Mach Number Fluid Problems and Motions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Hyposonic fluid flows, characterized by a low Mach number, are mainly linked with geophysical and environmental fluid flows. In addition they are relevant to engineers because of their connection with aerodynamics. The books brings together insights derived from mathematically rigorous results and combines them with a number of realistic fluid flow situations. Asymptotic analytic solutions for the low-Mach number cases are developed to provide both insights into the underlying physics as well as benchmarks for numerical computations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics, 0075-8450 ; 672
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 3540255494 (hd. bd.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: