Coherent sources of XUV radiation : soft X-ray lasers and high-order harmonic generation
- P. Jaeglé.
- New York : Springer, 2005.
- Physical description
- xiii, 416 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 106.
- Jaeglé, Pierre.
- Includes bibliographical references ( p. 397-401) and index.
- Part I - Introduction to coherent XUV sources: XUV Emission mechanisms and sources.- XUV optics.- Coherent XUV radiation beams.- Part II - State of the Art and Prospects of X-Ray Lasers: Beginnings.- General features of x-ray lasers.- Propagation of XUV laser beams.- Saturated XUV lasers.- Recombination lasers.- Schemes for future soft X-ray lasers.- Part III - High Harmonic Generation: Introduction.- Survey of the theoretical background.- General characteristics of high-order harmonic emission.- Part IV - A Survey of Coherent XUV Sources Applications: Introduction.- Time-resolution about 100 picoseconds.- Time-resolution about one picosecond.- Subfemtosecond time-resolution.- Future prospects.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387230078 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Extreme ultraviolet radiation, also referred to as soft X-rays or XUV, offers very special optical properties. The X-UV refractive index of matter is such that normal reflection cannot take place on polished surfaces whereas beam transmission through one micrometer of almost all materials reduces to zero. Therefore, it has long been a difficult task to imagine and to implement devices designed for complex optics experiments in this wavelength range. Thanks to new sources of coherent radiation - XUV-lasers and High Order Harmonics - the use of XUV radiation, for interferometry, holography, diffractive optics, non-linear radiation-matter interaction, time-resolved study of fast and ultrafast phenomena and many other applications, including medical sciences, is ubiquitous.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387230078 20160528
- Publication date
- Springer series in optical sciences ; 106
- 0387230076 (hbk.)
- 9780387230078 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: