Online Archive of California [electronic resource] : OAC.
- Oakland, CA : California Digital Library, [199-?]-
- California Digital Library.
- A core component of the California Digital Library, the Online Archive of California Project is a digital information resource that facilitates and provides access to materials such as manuscripts, photographs, and works of art held in libraries, museums, archives, and other institutions across California. The OAC includes a single, searchable database of "finding aids" to primary sources and their digital facsimiles. Primary sources include letters, diaries, manuscripts, legal and financial records, photographs and other pictorial items, maps, architectural and engineering records, artwork, scientific logbooks, electronic records, sound recordings, oral histories artifacts and ephemera. The majority of these images were created through campus-sponsored projects, including the UC Berkeley California Heritage Collection, the UC Davis Eastman agricultural postcard image collection, and the UCLA Ishigo collection. There are several other digital collection development projects sponsored by individual repositories participating in the OAC, including the Free Speech Movement, the Cased Photographs or Daguerreotype collection, the San Francisco Call Bulletin, the San Francisco Earthquake and Fire, and the Greene and Greene Virtual Archives project. The CDL has sponsored three collaborative digital collection building projects across multiple repositories: the Japanese American Relocation Digital Archives (JARDA); Museums and the Online Archive of California (MOAC); and the California Cultures project.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Title from home page (viewed Feb. 14, 2005).
- File/Data Type
- Text in HTML format converted from SGML.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.