American memory [electronic resource]
- The Library of Congress.
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress
- Introduces the American Memory Collection of archival and primary source materials pertinent to American culture and history. Notes that this historical collection is the Library of Congress' key contribution to the National Digital Library. Outlines various aspects of the collection, including digital reproductions, a finding aid in the form of a catalog or register, and other accompaniments. Notes that there are three photographic collections, one recorded sound collection, three early motion picture collections, one manuscript collection (which is now being completed), and three early motion picture collections available on the Internet, with more materials becoming available over time. Notes that some materials are protected by copyright. Also offers technical information about American Memory and on future collections.
- Library of Congress.
- United States. Library of Congress.
- United States. National Digital Library.
- Libraries > Washington (D.C.) > Special collections.
- United States > Civilization > Sources.
- United States > History > Sources.
- United States > Civilization > Library resources.
- United States > History > Library resources.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Former subtitle: Historical collections for the National Digital Library
- Title in HTML header: American memory from the Library of Congress
- Vol/date range
- Began in 1994?
- Title from title screen (viewed Feb. 17, 2006).
- Three RCLS.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.