The University of Minnesota biocatalysis/biodegradation database [electronic resource]
- Linda Ellis.
- Minneapolis, MN: The University of Minnesota, 1998-
- "This database contains information on microbial biocatalytic reactions and biodegradation pathways for primarily xenobiotic, chemical compounds. The goal of the UM-BBD is to provide information on microbial enzyme-catalyzed reactions that are important for biotechnology. The reactions covered are studied for basic understanding of nature, biocatalysis leading to specialty chemical manufacture, and biodegradation of environmental pollutants. Individual reactions and metabolic pathways are presented with information on the starting and intermediate chemical compounds, the organisms that transform the compounds, the enzymes, and the genes. The present database has been sucessfully used to teach enzymology and use of biochemical Internet information resources to advanced undergraduate and graduate students, and is being expanded primarily with the help of such students."--Information page.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Header title: Biocatalysis/biodegradation database
- Biocatalysis biodegradation database
- File Characteristics
- Electronic text data.
- Title from home page (viewed March 22, 1999).
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.