Rodgers and Hammerstein's The sound of music [videorecording]
- a Robert Wise production ; screenplay by Ernest Lehman ; ; directed by Robert Wise.
- Uniform Title
- Sound of music (Motion picture : 1965)
- English, Spanish, French. English, dubbed French, or dubbed Spanish dialogue, English or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- 40th anniversary ed.
- Beverly Hills, CA : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, 
- Physical description
- 2 videodiscs (ca. 174 min.) : anamorphic, sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Maria is a spirited young woman who leaves the convent to bring love and music to Austrian widower Captain von Trapp and his seven children.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Sound of music
- From the stage musical with music and lyrics by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II; book by Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1965 by Argyle Enterprises, Inc. and released by Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.
- Special features: Disc 1: All-new anniversary introduction by Julie Andrews; all-new commentary by Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer and more; audio commentary by director Robert Wise; all-new singalong karaoke subtitles (English, Spanish and French); Disc 2: All-new special anniversary introduction by Julie Andrews; all-new retrospective documentary: "My favorite things: Julie Andrews remembers"; "Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer: A reminiscence" featurette; "On location with 'The sound of music'" featurette; "From Liesl to Gretl: a 40th anniversary reunion" featurette; "When you know the notes to sing: a singalong phenomenon" featurette; "The Von Trapp Family: harmony and discord" as seen on Biography on the A&E Network; Mia Farrow screen test; restoration comparison; photo galleries: behind the scenes, storyboards, lobby cards and posters; trailers and TV spots.
- Production Credits
- Music, Richard Rodgers; lyrics, Oscar Hammerstein II; additional words and music, Richard Rodgers; production designer, Boris Leven; director of photography, Ted McCord; editor, William Reynolds.
- Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer, Richard Hayon, Peggy Wood, Eleanor Parker.
- MPAA rating: G.
- DVD, region 1, widescreen (2.70:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 surround, Dolby Digital mono, dual layer.
- Green Library copy 2: set container title: The Rodgers & Hammerstein collection.
- Publisher Number
- 2230838 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
Browse related items
Start at call number: