Musicworks. 93 [sound recording]
- Malcolm Goldstein ... [et al.]
- Multiple languages, Chinese, Japanese. Word sources for the 2nd work are in Chinese; the 6th work is sung in Japanese.
- Toronto, Ont. : Musicworks, 2005.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc (63 min., 29 sec.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
- Where are we going when we're standing still, looking backwards? (16:48) ; Approaching the wall (7:42) / Malcolm Goldstein
- Warm weather with soundballs / Eric Chenaux and Marla Hlady (20:11)
- War hospital (excerpt) (3:43) ; John & Michael (excerpts) (2:48) / re-recording mix by Shelley Craig
- Kawachi, audio spectral / Emmanuelle Loubet (12:14).
- Included Work
- Goldstein, Malcolm, 1936- Where are we going when we're standing still, looking backwards?
- Goldstein, Malcolm, 1936- Approaching the wall.
- Chenaux, Eric. I see warm weather rollin' in; arranged.
- Craig, Shelley. War hospital. Selections.
- Craig, Shelley. John & Michael. Selections.
- Loubet, Emmanuelle. Kawachi.
- Publication date
- The first two works are improvisations for violin (with vocalizations by the performer); 3rd work is for bass clarinet, percussion, double bass, trumpet, and soundballs (perforated stainless-steel balls containing speakers and lights); 4th and 5th works are excerpts of film music; 6th work is a sound collage including excerpts of different styles of Ondo recorded in Japan.
- Issued with the print journal Musicworks, no. 93 (fall 2005).
- Program notes in English and French on insert.
- Malcolm Goldstein, violin ; Arraymusic (Robert W. Stevenson, bass clarinet & soundball ; Blair McKay, percussion & soundball ; Peter Pavlovsky, double bass & soundball ; Michael White, trumpet & soundball ; Eric Chenaux, soundball) ; the Ondo singers of Kawachi, Japan.
- Related Work
Browse related items
Start at call number: