LC/MS : a practical user's guide
- Marvin C. McMaster.
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley, c2005.
- Physical description
- xii, 165 p. : ill. ; 24 cm + 1 CD-ROM.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|QD79 .C454 M363 2005||Unknown|
- McMaster, Marvin C.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 155-156) and index.
- Chapter 1. Introduction to LC/MS. Chapter 2. The HPLC System. Chapter 3. The HPLC Column and Separation Modes. Chapter 4. HPLC and Column Maintenance. Chapter 5. Sample Preparation and Separations Development. Chapter 6. LC/MS Interfaces. Chapter 7. LC/MS Overview. Chapter 8. The Mass Analyzers. Chapter 9. Mass Spectrometer Maintence. Chapter 10. Application Areas for LC/MS. Chapter 11. Trace Analysis and LC/MS/MS. Chapter 12. Drug Discovery and Benchtop LC/MS. Chapter 13. Proteomics: LC/MALDI/TOF and MS/MS Libraries. Chapter 14. The Future of LC/MS. Appendix A: LC/MS Frequently Asked Questions. Appendix B: Solvents and Volatile Buffers for LC/MS. Appendix C: A Guide to Structure Interpretation. Appendix D: A Glossary of LC/MS Terms. Appendix E: LC/MS Selective Reading List.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471655312 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a practical guide to using and maintaining an LC/MS system. The combination of liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) has become the laboratory tool of choice for a broad range of industries that require the separation, analysis, and purification of mixtures of organic compounds. "LC/MS: A Practical User's Guide" provides LC/MS users with an easy-to-use, hands-on reference that focuses on the practical applications of LC/MS and introduces the equipment and techniques needed to use LC/MS successfully. Following a thorough explanation of the basic components and operation of the LC/MS system, the author presents empirical methods for optimizing the techniques, maintaining the instrumentation, and choosing the appropriate MS or LC/MS analyzer for any given problem. "LC/MS" covers everything users need to know about: the latest equipment, including quadrupole, time-of-flight, and ion trap analyzers; cutting-edge processes, such as preparing HPLC mobile phases and samples; handling and maintaining a wide variety of silica, zirconium, and polymeric separation columns; interpreting and quantifying mass spectral data and using MS interfaces; current and future applications in the pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries, biotechnology, clinical research, environmental studies, and forensics. An accompanying PowerPoint(r) slide-set on CD-ROM provides vital teaching tools for instructors and new equipment operators. Abundantly illustrated and easily accessible, the text is designed to help students and practitioners acquire optimum proficiency in this powerful and rapidly advancing analytical application.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471655312 20160528
- Publication date
- 0471655317 (cloth)
- 9780471655312 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: