Outsourcing to India : the offshore advantage
- Mark Kobayashi-Hillary.
- 2nd ed.
- Berlin ; New York, NY : Springer, c2005.
- Physical description
- xxi, 320 p. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
- Kobayashi-Hillary, Mark, 1970-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -320).
- Foreword from India by K. Karnik, President of NASSCOM, New Delhi, India.- Foreword from Europe by N. Roxburgh, Co-Founder of the National Outsourcing Association, London, UK.- Foreword by M. Ramachandran, Chair of India Business Forum, London, UK.-
- Part 1: Introduction to India: First Impressions-- Indian History and Religion-- Contemporary Indian Politics-- Culture and Food-- Domestic Travel-- Security Concerns.-
- Part 2: The Outsourcing Industry in India: The Outsourcing Drivers-- The Major Industry Players in India-- Ownership Models and Partnership-- The Major Outsourcing Locations-- Industry Associations and Research Bodies.-
- Part 3: How to Organise the Outsourcing Process: Outsourcing Objectives-- Destination India-- Outsourcing Flavours-- Success Criteria-- Vendor Selection-- Legal Contract Arrangement-- Quality and the Service Level Agreement-- Migration and Knowledge Transfer-- Culture and Communication-- Adapt the Organisation-- Employee Transition and Exit Management-- Risk Factors-- Future Potential.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Managers across the world are beating a path to India because it is the global leader for offshore IT-enabled services. Many corporate leaders seek to reduce their costs, other wish to improve service quality, but not many understand India on their first visit and some are confused by clashes of culture. This book aims to introduce India, the major players in the Indian service industry, the reasons why you should utilise India as an offshore outsourcing destination and the steps you need to take to find and work with a local partner. The second edition has been completely revised with up-to-date information on the latest industry developments. Several chapters have been entirely restructured and two completely new chapters deal with the risks of outsourcing to India and the future prospects for the industry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 354023943X (alk. paper)
- 9783540239437 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: