Design and applied arts index [electronic resource] : DAAI
- Uniform Title
- Design and applied arts index (Online)
- [England] : Design Documentation
International index to over 130,000 annotated references from more than 500 design and craft journals and newspapers published from 1973 onwards, and data on over 50,000 designers, craftspeople, studios, workshops and firms. DAAI also includes two supplementary databases: Education Directory, an international directory of universities and colleges that offer courses in design and craft subjects and the Periodical Directory, an international directory of design and craft journals. Research articles are covered, along with topical news items, conference and seminar reports, and book, video and exhibition reviews.
- Major areas of coverage include: Product design, Interior design, Graphic design, Ceramics, Glass, Jewellery, Textiles, Furniture, Fashion and clothing, Illustration, Typography and type design, Metalsmithing, Retail design, Architecture, Industrial design, Sustainability, Advertising, Packaging, Theatre, Vehicles, Exhibitions, Book design, Web design, Computer aided design, Computer graphics, Animation, Garden design, Landscape architecture, Urban design, Education, Design management, Inclusive design, Universal design, Design history.
- Design > Indexes.
- Industrial design > Indexes.
- Industrial design > Directories.
- Decorative arts > Indexes.
- Decorative arts > Directories.
- Graphic arts > Indexes.
- Graphic arts > Directories.
- industrial design
- interior design
- environmental design
- graphic design
- theater design
- design and craft history and theory
- design management
- furniture design
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Design & applied arts index
- Updated twice monthly
- Vol/date range
- Began in 1994. Coverage: 1973 to present.
- Title from database guide (Cambridge Scientific Abstracts version, viewed Nov. 8, 2006).
- Internet access restricted to subscribers.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Related Items
- Beginning in 2002, no longer issued in print.