The complete Columbia recordings of Woody Herman and his Orchestra & Woodchoppers (1945-1947) [sound recording].
- Stamford, CT : Mosaic Records, p2004.
- Physical description
- 7 sound discs : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
Library has: 7 sound discs <in 4 boxes> + 1 booklet
|MCD 21808 BOOKLET||Unknown|
|MCD 21808 DISC 1-2||Unknown|
|MCD 21808 DISC 3-4||Unknown|
|MCD 21808 DISC 5-6||Unknown|
|MCD 21808 DISC 7||Unknown|
- Herman, Woody, 1913-1987 Performer
- Aless, Tony. Performer
- Bauer, Billy. Performer
- Berman, Sonny, 1925-1947. Performer
- Burns, Ralph Performer
- Candoli, Conte, 1927-2001 Performer
- Candoli, Pete, 1923-2008 Performer
- Cave, John (Horn player) Performer
- Chaloff, Serge, 1923-1957 Performer
- Chaloupka, Stanley Performer
- Cohn, Al Performer
- DeSair, Skippy. Performer
- Fishelson, Stan. Performer
- Fishkin, Arnold, 1919- Performer
- Folus, Mickey. Performer
- Frankhauser, Charlie. Performer
- Getz, Stan, 1927-1991 Performer
- Glow, Bernie. Performer
- Gozzo, Conrad, 1922-1964. Performer
- Giuffre, Jimmy Performer
- Harris, Bill, 1916-1973 Performer
- Hefti, Neal Performer
- Hyams, Margie, 1920-2012 Performer
- Jackson, Chubby Performer
- Kiefer, Ed. Performer
- Lamond, Don. Performer
- LaPorta, John. Performer
- Lewis, Cappy Performer
- Lewis, Irv. Performer
- Linn, Ray, 1920-1996 Performer
- Linwood, Lucille. Performer
- Markowitz, Marky. Performer
- Marowitz, Sam. Performer
- McCall, Mary Ann Performer
- Mondello, Pete. Performer
- Mondragon, Joe Performer
- Norvo, Red Performer
- Otis, Fred. Performer
- Peck, Bob (Trumpet player) Performer
- Peterson, Chuck. Performer
- Pfeffner, Ralph. Performer
- Phillips, Flip Performer
- Porcino, Al Performer
- Reid, Neal. Performer
- Rich, Buddy, 1917-1987 Performer
- Rogers, Shorty, 1924-1994 Performer
- Rowles, Jimmie Performer
- Royal, Ernie Performer
- Rubinwitch, Sam. Performer
- Sargent, Gene (Guitarist) Performer
- Seidenberg, Stella. Performer
- Sims, Zoot Performer
- Stevens, Lynn. Performer
- Steward, Herb Performer
- Stravinsky, Igor, 1882-1971 Conductor
- Swift, Bob. Performer
- Swope, Earl, 1922-1968. Performer
- Tough, Dave. Performer
- Warwick, Bama, 1917- Performer
- Wayne, Chuck Performer
- Wayne, Frances. Performer
- Wetzel, Ray, 1924-1951. Performer
- Wilson, Ollie. Performer
- Yoder, Walt. Performer
- Blue Flames (Vocal group) Performer
- Blue Moods (Musical group) Performer
- Woody Herman Orchestra Performer
- Woodchoppers (Musical group) Performer
- 1. Laura (3:00) ; Apple honey (3:15) ; I wonder (3:16) ; Yeah man (Amen) (2:14) ; Out of this world (3:08) ; June comes around every year (2:59) ; Caldonia (2:59) ; Happiness is just a thing called Joe (3:24) ; Goosey gander (3:21) ; I don't care if I never dream again (3:11) ; Northwest passage (3:08) ; A kiss goodnight (3:18) ; I've got the world on a string (3:21) ; Laura (take 2) (2:59) ; Apple honey (take 5) (3:20) ; Apple honey (take 2) (3:17) ; Caldonia (take 4) (3:04) ; Caldonia (take 3) (3:03) ; Caldonia (take 2) (3:01) ; Goosey gander (take 3) (3:20) ; Goosey gander (take 2) (3:15) ; Northwest passage (take 4) (3:13) ; Northwest passage (take 3) (3:06) ; Northwest passage (take 2) (3:09)
- 2. Love me (2:59) ; No time (2:57) ; I'm not having any this year (3:19) ; I can't believe my eyes (3:19) ; The good earth (2:28) ; Put that ring on my finger (3:11) ; Bijou (Rhumba a la jazz) (3:19) ; Gee it's good to hold you (3:08) ; Your father's mustache (3:18) ; The good earth (rhythm section test) (0:44) ; The good earth (take 5) (2:30) ; The good earth (take 3) (2:26) ; The good earth (take 2) (2:29) ; Bijou (Rhumba a la jazz) (take 2) (3:19) ; Bijou (Rhumba a la jazz) (take 3) (3:16) ; Your father's mustache (take 3) (3:17) ; Your father's mustache (take 4) (3:16)
- 3. You've got me crying again (3:12) ; Wild root (2:52) ; Everybody knew but me (3:07) ; Blowin' up a storm (3:21) ; Atlanta, G.A. (3:07) ; Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow (3:11) ; Welcome to my dream (3:02) ; It's anybody's spring (2:56) ; No don't stop (2:58) ; You haven't changed me at all (3:15) ; Wild root (unissued test) (2:34) ; Wild root (take 4) (2:53) ; Wild root (take 1) (2:55) ; Wild root (take 6) (3:00) ; Blowin' up a storm (take 3) (3:18) ; Blowin' up a storm (take 2) (3:20) ; Welcome to my dream (take 4) (3:09)
- 4. You've got me cryin' again (2:52) ; A jug of wine (2:53) ; Panacea (3:16) ; Heaven knows (3:00) ; Pipe dreaming (3:10) ; Linger in my arms a little longer, baby (3:20) ; Surrender (3:16) ; Mabel, Mabel (2:58) ; When we meet again (3:20) ; Sidewalks of Cuba (2:57) ; Stars fell on Alabama (3:06) ; If it's love you want (baby, that's me) (3:15) ; Lady McGowan's dream. Pt.
- 1 (2:50) ; Lady McGowan's dream. Pt.
- 2 (2:25) ; Romance in the dark (3:22) ; Sidewalks of Cuba (take 2) (3:01) ; Panacea (take 4) (3:20) ; Panacea (take 2) (3:20) ; Panacea (take 3) (3:15) ; Mabel, Mabel (take 6) (2:57)
- 5. Summer sequence. Pt.
- 1 (3:15) ; Summer sequence. Pt.
- 2 (2:52) ; Summer sequence. Pt.
- 3 (2:40) ; Uncle Remus said (2:54) ; Everywhere (3:04) ; With someone new (3:14) ; Wrap your troubles in dreams (2:43) ; Back talk (2:58) ; Woodchopper's ball (3:07) ; Blue flame (3:17) ; The blues are brewin' (2:57) ; The anniversary song (3:08) ; Non-alchoholic (3:01) ; Back talk (take 4) (3:01) ; Back talk (take 1) (3:06) ; Woodchopper's ball (take 2) (3:10) ; Blue flame (take 3) (3:15) ; Ebony concerto. Pt.
- 1 (4:24) ; Ebony concerto. Pt.
- 2 (4:06)
- 6. Igor (2:40) ; Steps (3:17) ; Four men on a horse (3:06) ; Fan it (3:10) ; Nero's conception (3:14) ; Lost week-end (2:52) ; Pam (3:11) ; I surrender, dear (3:00) ; Someday, sweetheart (2:20) ; I surrender, dear (3:23) ; Igor (take 5) (2:46) ; Igor (take 4) (2:40) ; Steps (take 3) (3:12) ; Fan it (take 3) (2:43) ; Fan it (take 4) (3:06) ; Fan it (take 2) (3:07) ; Lost week-end (take 3) (2:52) ; Lost week-end (take 4) (2:53) ; Pam (take 3) (3:00) ; Someday, sweetheart (take 4) (3:31)
- 7. If anybody can steal my baby (2:44) ; I told ya I love ya, now get out (3:20) ; Sabre dance (2:30) ; Cherokee canyon (2:57) ; I've got news for you (3:16) ; Keen and peachy (2:47) ; The goof and I (2:48) ; Lazy lullaby (3:08) ; Four brothers (3:14) ; Summer sequence. Pt.
- 4 (3:02) ; Swing low, sweet clarinet (3:03) ; My pal Gonzales (3:01) ; P.S. I love you (3:05) ; Baby I need you (2:51) ; Take a little time to smile (2:52) ; I told you I love you, now get out (take 4) (3:05) ; I told you I love you, now get out (take 3) (3:17) ; Keen and peachy (take 5) (2:49) ; Keen and peachy (take 4) (2:48) ; Keen and peachy (take 3) (2:49) ; Keen and peachy (take 2) (2:48) ; The goof and I (breakdown) (2:31) ; Summer sequence. Pt.
- 4 (take 3) (3:27) ; Summer sequence. Pt.
- 4 (take 2) (3:03).
- Supplemental links
- Complete contents and discographical information
- Included Work
- Stravinsky, Igor, 1882-1971. Ebony concerto arranged.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Title Variation
- Complete Columbia Woody Herman 1945-47
- Big band swing jazz, in part with vocals.
- Mosaic: MD7-223 (on container spines: 223); additional number on label, Mosiac: A7A-71890 (A-71891--A-71897).
- Principally previously released recordings.
- Compact discs; 4 containers, in box.
- Program notes, an interview with Woody Herman by Loren Schoenberg, and discographical information (28 cm. : ports.) laid in box; additional discographical notes (4 v.) inserted in each jewel case.
- Woody Herman, vocals, clarinet, alto saxophone performing with his Orchestra or his Woodchoppers; The Blue Flames or The Blue Moods, vocals; Igor Stravinsky, conductor on Ebony Concerto; with Tony Aless, Billy Bauer, Sonny Berman, Ralph Burns, Conte Candoli, Pete Candoli, John Cave, Serge Chaloff, Stanley Chaloupka, Al Cohn, Skippy DeSair, Stan Fishelson, Arnold Fishkin, Mickey Folus, Charlie Frankhauser, Stan Getz, Bernie Glow, Conrad Gozzo, Jimmy Guiffre, Bill Harris, Neal Hefti, Marjorie Hyams, Chubby Jackson, Ed Kiefer, Don Lamond, John LaPorta, Cappy Lewis, Irv Lewis, Ray Linn, Lucille Linwood, Marky Markowitz, Sam Marowitz, Mary Ann McCall, Pete Mondello, Joe Mondragon, Red Norvo, Fred Otis, Bob Peck, Chuck Peterson, Ralph Pfeffner, Flip Phillips, Al Porcino, Neal Reid, Buddy Rich, Shorty Rogers, Jimmy Rowles, Ernie Royal, Sam Rubinwitch, Gene Sargent, Stella Seidenberg, Zoot Sims, Lynne Stevens, Herbie Steward, Bob Swift, Earl Swope, Dave Tough, Carl Warwick, Chuck Wayne (sometimes listed as Charles Jagelka), Frances Wayne, Ray Wetzel, Ollie Wilson, Walt Yoder.
- Recorded between Feb. 19, 1945 and Dec. 30, 1947 in New York, N.Y., Chicago, Ill., and Los Angeles and Hollywood, Calif.
- Publisher Number
- MD7-223 Mosaic Records
- 223 Mosaic Records
- A7A-71890 Mosaic Records
- A-71891--A-71897 Mosaic Records
Browse related items
Start at call number: