From the Earth to the Moon [videorecording] / Tom Hanks, Imagine Entertainment and HBO presents a Clavius Base/Imagine Entertainment production ; producers, Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, Michael Bostick
- English, French, Spanish. English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue, English, French, or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- Signature ed.
- [New York] : HBO Video, 
- Physical description
- 5 videodiscs (ca. 720 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- 1. Can we do this? ; Apollo One ; We have cleared the tower
- 1968 ; Spider ; Mare tranquilitatis
- 3. that's all there is ; We interrupt this program ; for files and miles
- 4. Galileo was right ; The origional wives' club ; Le voyage dans le lune.
- Tells the dramatic story of the Apollo missions and their heroic astronauts. Go from President John F. Kennedy's historic speech to the manned space missions and through to the defining moment of the space program - putting a man on the moon. These are the stories of the men, women and children who lived, breathed and manufactured from the power of human will, one of the greatest achievements in the history of mankind.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title from container.
- Based in part on the book "A man on the Moon" by Andrew Chaikin.
- Originally broadcast on HBO television in 1998.
- Special features on disc 5: A brief history of famous astronomers; behind-the-scenes featurette; special effects featurette; President John F. Kennedy's historic speech to Congress on May 25, 1961; Out of this Solar System: a glimpse at galaxies, black holes and stars outside our solar system; history of the Moon: the origin and evolution of the earth's moon; The Space Race: a timeline of the USA and USSR space programs ; 6 original promotional trailers.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Gale Tattersall ; costume designer, Chris Karvonides-Dushenko ; production designer, Richard Toyon ; visual effects supervisor, Ernest Farino.
- Tom Amandes, David Andrews, Adam Baldwin, George Bartenieff, Robert John Burke, Bryan Cranston, Timothy Daly, J. Downing, Cary Elwes, Dave Foley, Tony Goldwyn, Mark Harmon, Steve Hofrendahl, Chris Isaak, Zeljko Ivanek, Daniel Hugh Kelly.
- MPAA rating: TVPG.
- DVD, region 1, widescreen (1.78:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, DTS 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo.
- Related Work
- Chaikin, Andrew, 1956- Man on the moon.
- Publisher Number
- 98853 Home Box Office
Browse related items
Start at call number: