At the bench : a laboratory navigator
- Kathy Barker.
- Updated ed.
- Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y. : Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, c2005.
- Physical description
- xiv, 465 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- BIOE-44-01 -- Fundamentals for Engineering Biology Lab
- Qi, Lei Stanley
At the library
Engineering Library (Terman)
On reserve: Ask at circulation desk
|R850 .B36 2005||2-hour loan|
Marine Biology Library (Miller)
|R850 .B36 2005||Unknown|
- Barker, Kathy, 1953-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 453) and index.
- SECTION 1. Getting Oriented
- Chapter 1: General lab organization and procedures
- Chapter 2: Laboratory setup and equipment
- Chapter 3: Getting started and staying organized
- SECTION 2. Plotting a Course
- Chapter 4: How to set up an experiment
- Chapter 5: Laboratory notebooks
- Chapter 6: Presenting yourself and your data
- SECTION 3. Navigating
- Chapter 7: Making reagents and buffers
- Chapter 8: Storage and disposal
- Chapter 9: Working without contamination
- Chapter 10: Eukaryotic cell culture
- Chapter 11: Bacteria
- Chapter 12: DNA, RNA, and protein
- Chapter 13: Radioactivity
- Chapter 14: Centrifugation
- Chapter 15: Electrophoresis
- Chapter 16: Microscopy.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
At the Bench is the unique and hugely successful handbook for living and working in the laboratory, an essential aid to understanding basic lab techniques and how research groups work at a human level. In this newly revised edition, chapters have been rewritten to accommodate the impact of computer technology and the Internet, not only on the acquisition and analysis of data, but also on its organization and presentation. Alternatives to the use of radiation have been expanded, and figures and illustrations have been redrawn to reflect changes in laboratory equipment and procedures.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- 0879697083 (manual : alk. paper)
- 9780879697082 (manual : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: