Introduction to biomedical engineering
- [editors] John D. Enderle, Susan M. Blanchard, and Joseph D. Bronzino.
- 2nd ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier Academic Press, c2005.
- Physical description
- xxi, 1118 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Academic Press series in biomedical engineering.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Biomedical Engineering Overview-- Moral and Ethical Issues-- Anatomy and Physiology-- Biomechanics-- Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology-- Biomaterials-- Tissue Engineering-- Bioinstrumentation-- Biomedical Sensors-- Biosignal Processing-- Bioelectric Phenomena-- Physiological Modeling-- Genomics and Bioinformatics-- Computational Cell Biology and Complexity-- Radiation Imaging-- Medical Imaging-- Biomedical Optics and Lasers-- Appendices-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Under the direction of John Enderle, Susan Blanchard and Joe Bronzino, leaders in the field have contributed chapters on the most relevant subjects for biomedical engineering students. These chapters coincide with courses offered in all biomedical engineering programs so that it can be used at different levels for a variety of courses of this evolving field. "Introduction to Biomedical Engineering, Second Edition" provides a historical perspective of the major developments in the biomedical field. Also contained within are the fundamental principles underlying biomedical engineering design, analysis, and modeling procedures. The numerous examples, drill problems and exercises are used to reinforce concepts and develop problem-solving skills making this book an invaluable tool for all biomedical students and engineers. New to this edition are: Computational Biology, Medical Imaging, Genomics and Bioinformatics; 60 per cent update from first edition to reflect the developing field of biomedical engineering; MATLAB and SIMULINK software used throughout to model and simulate dynamic systems; and numerous self-study homework problems and thorough cross-referencing for easy use.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- Academic Press series in biomedical engineering
- 0122386620 (alk. paper)
- 9780122386626 (alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: