Science, technology, and society : an encyclopedia
- Sal Restivo, editor in chief.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2005.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 700 p. ; 27 cm.
- Restivo, Sal P.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Emphasizing an interdisciplinary and international coverage of the functions and effects of science and technology in society and culture, "Science, Technology, and Society" contains over 130 A to Z signed articles written by major scholars and experts from academic and scientific institutions and institutes worldwide. Each article is accompanied by a selected bibliography. Other features include extensive cross referencing throughout, a directory of contributors, and an extensive topical index.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780195141931 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- 9780195141931 (alk. paper)
- 0195141938 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: