Encyclopedia of genetics, genomics, proteomics, and bioinformatics : 8 volume set
- editor, Lynn B. Jorde.
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 2005.
- Physical description
- 8 v. ; 25 cm.
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
Library has: v.1-
|QH431 .E62 2005 V.1||Available|
|QH431 .E62 2005 V.2||Available|
|QH431 .E62 2005 V.3||Available|
|QH431 .E62 2005 V.4||Available|
|QH431 .E62 2005 V.5||Available|
|QH431 .E62 2005 V.6||Available|
|QH431 .E62 2005 V.7||Available|
|QH431 .E62 2005 V.8||Available|
- Jorde, Lynn B.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents for Genetics.VOLUME 1.Contents for Genomics.Contents for Proteomics.Contents for Bioinformatics.List of Contributors to Genetics.Preface.1. Genetic Variation and Evolution.2. Cytogenetics.3. Epigenetics.4. Gene Mapping.VOLUME 2.5. Comlex Triats and Deseases.6. Genetic Medicine and Clinical Genetics.7. Gene Theory.Contents for Genomics.VOLUME 3.1. Genome Sequencing.2. Mapping.3. The Human Genome.4. Model Organisms: Functional and Comparative Genomics.VOLUME 4.1. Bacteria and Other Pathogens.2. SNPs/Haplotypes.3. ESTs: Cancer Genes and the Anatomy Project.4. Expression Profiling.Contents for Proteomics.VOLUME 5.1. Core Methodologies.2. Expression Protemics.3. Mapping of Biochemical Networks.4. Functional Proteomics.VOLUME 6.5. Proteome Diversity.6. Proteome Families.7. Structural Proteomics.8. System Biology.Contents for Bioinformatics.VOLUME 7.1. Genome Assembly and Sequencing.2. Gene Finding and Gene Structure.3.Protein Function and Annotation.4. Comparative Analysis and Phylogeny.5. Computational Methods for High-throughput Genetic Analysis: Expression Profiling.6. Methods for Structure and Prediction.VOLUME 8.1. Structuring and Integrating Data.2. Modern Programming Paradigms in Biology.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Available in print and online, this unique reference brings together all four fields of genetics, genomics, proteomics, and bioinformatics to meet your dynamic research requirements. It brings together the latest concepts in these vibrant areas and ensures a truly multidisciplinary approach. Topics include genetic variation and evolution, epigenetics, the human genome, expression profiling, proteome families, structural proteomics, gene finding/gene structure, protein function and annotation, and more. The work incorporates a vast amount of topical information, profiles cutting-edge techniques, and presents the very latest findings from an international team of over five hundred contributors.With articles for both students and more experienced scientists, this is a key reference source for everyone. It contains more than 450 articles covering all aspects of genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics and related technologies. It includes a glossary containing over 550 clear and concise definitions. 'I am pleased to recommend it heartily as a essential reference tool...should remain the definitive work...for many years to come' - "The Chemical Educator". 'Jorde...and co-editors have done a remarkable job in coordinating this information, distilling it into a package that is both easy to navigate and over-flowing in discovery' - "Electric Review".
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 0470849746 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780470849743 (cloth : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: