Encyclopedia of politics : the left and the right
- Thousand Oaks, CA : Sage Reference, c2005.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xxvi, 1052 p.) : ill., maps ; 29 cm.
- Carlisle, Rodney P.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. The left
- v. 2. The right.
- Publisher's Summary
- Although the distinction between the politics of the left and the right is commonly assumed in the media and in treatments of political science and history, the terms are used so loosely that the student and the general reader are often confused: What exactly are the terms left and right supposed to imply? This two-volume Encyclopedia of Politics contains over 450 articles on individuals, movements, political parties, and ideological principles, with those usually thought of as left in the left-hand volume (Volume 1) and those considered on the right, in the right-hand volume (Volume 2). Topics Covered Countries//Regions: Leftist Politics Countries//Regions: Rightist Politics Leftist "Isms" Leftist Laws Leftist Political Issues Leftist Political Movements Leftist Political Parties People on the Left People on the Right Rightist "Isms" Rightist Laws Rightist Political Issues Rightist Political Movements Rightist Political Parties.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- Rodney P. Carlisle, general editor.
- 1412904099 (cloth)
- 9781412904094 (cloth)